KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- US PIRG and KID research shows deadly recalled sleepers still in child care facilities
- KID’s statement calling on IKEA to get recalled dressers out of homes; three years after major IKEA recall.
- KID, CFA, CR, PAT, and Public Citizen hold press event calling on IKEA to do more to get dangerous, recalled dressers out of homes.
- KID, consumer and child health groups release statement in support of Safe Cribs Act to ban crib bumper pads.
View all News
- London Bridge Recalls Sock and Wrist Rattle Sets Due to Choking Hazard
- H&M Recalls Children’s Pajamas Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard
- Trek Recalls Kickster Bikes Due to Fall Hazard
- The Boppy Company Recalls Infant Head and Neck Support Accessories Due to Suffocation Hazard
- Lidl Recalls Wooden Grasping Toys Due to Choking Hazard
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.