KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID, CFA, and Public Citizen applaud COVID-19 budget reconciliation legislation that provides additional funding for CPSC.
- KID and 43 other organizations, individuals sign letter in support of proposed crib mattress rule.
- KID and consumer and health groups send product safety memo to President-elect Biden’s transition team.
- KID and 31 other consumer, health, medical groups call on Senators to pass STURDY Act.
View all News
- SmartPool Recalls Children’s Multi-Purpose Helmets Due to Risk of Head Injury
- Anker Play Products Recalls 10-in-1 Incredible Inventions Science Kit Due to Violation of the Federal Lead Paint Ban
- CB2 Recalls Junction Tall Chests and Low Dressers Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards
- Juratoys Recalls Toy Trumpets Due to Choking Hazard
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.