KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID and consumer groups’ release on the reintroduction of the STURDY Act in the Senate.
- KID’s statement on the Senate’s confirmation of Richard Trumka Jr. for CPSC Commissioner.
- KID’s statement on the 3.3 million units of recalled Boppy loungers.
- KID’s annual Best Friend Award Night to honor Dr. Erin Mannen will take place on September 29, 2021.
View all News
- Hanna Andersson Recalls Baby Ruffle Rompers Due to Choking Hazard (Recall Alert)
- Hanna Andersson Recalls Baby Long Sleeve Wiggle Sets Due to Choking Hazard (Recall Alert)
- Backyard Play Systems Recalls Playsets with Wooden Roof Due to Entrapment Hazard (Recall Alert)
- Walmart Recalls Better Homes and Gardens Essential Oil Infused Aromatherapy Room Spray with Gemstones Due to Rare and Dangerous Bacteria; Two Deaths Investigated
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.