KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- STURDY Act Goes Into Effect Tomorrow: What You Need To Know
- Parent Advocates and Consumer Groups: Furniture Companies Have One Month to Comply with New Federal Safety Rule to Prevent Tip-Over Injuries to Children
- KID Commemorates 25th Anniversary
- Sun-Times article about KID’s founding and Danny’s story in light of KID’s 25th anniversary.
View all News
- PandaEar Recalls Stainless Steel Children’s Cups Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban; Sold Exclusively on Amazon.com (Recall Alert)
- Stainless Steel Children’s Cups Recalled Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban; Sold Exclusively at Amazon.com by LAOION (Recall Alert)
- Target Recalls Hearth & Hand™ with Magnolia Toy Mushroom Peg Sorters Due to Choking Hazard (Recall Alert)
- Children’s Nightgowns Recalled Due to Burn Hazard and Violation of Federal Flammability Standards; Sold by iMOONZZZ Exclusively on Amazon.com
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.