KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID testifies at CPSC’s FY2022 Agenda and Priorities Hearing.
- KID’s new report finds inclined sleepers, unstable furniture, and lead-tainted products lead children’s product recalls in 2020.
- 84 consumer and health organizations, including KID, call on Congress to pass STURDY Act.
- KID, CFA, and Public Citizen warn consumers of hazards at home exacerbated by by the pandemic. New CPSC report.
View all News
- RH Recalls Children’s Bath Wraps Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard
- Infant Bath Seats Recalled Due to Drowning Hazard; Imported by BATTOP; Sold Exclusively on Amazon.com (Recall Alert)
- Genentech Recalls Prescription Drug Evrysdi Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirements; Risk of Drug Exposure through Eye or Skin Absorption (Recall Alert)
- SmartPool Recalls Children’s Multi-Purpose Helmets Due to Risk of Head Injury
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.