KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID’s statement on misguided CPSC settlement with Britax regarding hazardous strollers.
- KID releases new report on dangerous Halloween products as well as safety tips for the holiday.
- Consumer groups comment on CPSC’s Operating Plan for FY 19, highlighting priorities such as mandatory standards and furniture tip-over prevention.
- Together with other advocates, KID marks the 10th anniversary of the landmark Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act.
View all News
- The Company Store Recalls Children’s Robes Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standards (Recall Alert)
- dormakaba USA Recalls Stanley Commercial Hardware Locksets Due to Risk of Entrapment in an Emergency
- Meijer Recalls Children’s Hooded Jackets Due to Choking Hazard
- Skip Hop Recalls Convertible High Chairs Due to Injury and Fall Hazards
- HoMedics Recalls Nightlights Due to Choking Hazard (Recall Alert)
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.