KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- Consumer groups comment on CPSC’s Operating Plan for FY 19, highlighting priorities such as mandatory standards and furniture tip-over prevention.
- Together with other advocates, KID marks the 10th anniversary of the landmark Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act.
- KID marks the 10th Anniversary of Danny’s Law with Congressional Representatives Rush & Schakowsky and other child safety advocates.
- KID & other groups call for more action from IKEA and CPSC on second anniversary of massive furniture recall
View all News
- Abond Group Recalls Tubeez Baby Bath Support Seats Due to Drowning Hazard
- Gold Recalls Eddie Bauer Infant Carriers Due to Fall Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Target
- Metal Playground Climbers Recalled by BCI Burke Due to Strangulation Hazard (Recall Alert)
- Boy Story Recalls Action Dolls Due to Choking Hazard
- Weeplay Kids Recalls Children’s Coveralls Due to Choking Hazard
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.