KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID and safety advocates call on government to protect infants and toddlers this holiday season.
- KID applauds CPSC for unanimously voting to move forward proposal to ban dangerous sleep products.
- KID and coalition partners applaud CPSC proposal to remove dangerous sleep products from the market.
- U.S. House of Representatives passes legislation to set strong standard for furniture to prevent tip-overs.
View all News
- B&B Acquisition Recalls Wintergreen Essential Oils Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirements; Risk of Poisoning
- Hooey Recalls Children’s Sweatshirts with Drawstrings Due to Strangulation Hazard
- Soft Play Recalls Spider Climb Playground Climbers Due to Fall Hazard (Recall Alert)
- IKEA Recalls Infant Bibs Due to Choking Hazard
- E&E Recalls Bedroom Dressers Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.