KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID releases new recall report analyzing 2018 children’s product recalls.
- KID’s statement on misguided CPSC settlement with Britax regarding hazardous strollers.
- KID releases new report on dangerous Halloween products as well as safety tips for the holiday.
- Consumer groups comment on CPSC’s Operating Plan for FY 19, highlighting priorities such as mandatory standards and furniture tip-over prevention.
View all News
- Target Recalls Toddler Boots Due to Choking Hazard
- Fisher-Price Recalls Children’s Power Wheels Barbie Campers Due to Injury Hazard
- Hot Mom Recalls Bed Rails Due to Violation of Federal Standard for Portable Bed Rails: Sold Exclusively on Amazon.com (Recall Alert)
- Manhattan Toy Recalls Children’s Books Due to Choking Hazard
- The Children’s Place Recalls Infant Snowsuits Due to Choking Hazard
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.