KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- STURDY Act Goes Into Effect Tomorrow: What You Need To Know
- Parent Advocates and Consumer Groups: Furniture Companies Have One Month to Comply with New Federal Safety Rule to Prevent Tip-Over Injuries to Children
- KID Commemorates 25th Anniversary
- Sun-Times article about KID’s founding and Danny’s story in light of KID’s 25th anniversary.
View all News
- Make Believe Ideas Recalls Seven Rainbow Road Board Books Due to Choking Hazard
- HONEY JOY Recalls Infant Swings Due to Suffocation Hazard and Violation of Federal Safety Standards; Sold Exclusively on Amazon.com
- Buffalo Games Recalls Chuckle & Roar Ultimate Water Beads Activity Kits Due to Serious Ingestion, Choking and Obstruction Hazards; One Infant Death Reported; Sold Exclusively at Target
- The Simplay3 Company Recalls Toddler Towers Due to Fall and Injury Hazards
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.