KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- U.S. House of Representatives passes legislation to set strong standard for furniture to prevent tip-overs.
- KID research shows missed opportunities by companies, CPSC to reach consumers with recalls.
- US PIRG and KID research shows deadly recalled sleepers still in child care facilities
- KID’s statement calling on IKEA to get recalled dressers out of homes; three years after major IKEA recall.
View all News
- Ragdoll & Rockets Recalls Children’s Loungewear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard
- John Deere Recalls Frontier Grooming Mowers Due to Entanglement Injury Hazard (Recall Alert)
- Pearhead Recalls Ubbi Connecting Bath Toys Due To Choking Hazard
- Kirkland’s Recalls Chests of Drawers Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards
- Contigo Recalls 5.7 Million Kids Water Bottles Due to Choking Hazard
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.