KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID releases annual recall report Seeking Safety: 2019 Children’s Product Recalls.
- Consumer groups applaud CPSC for moving to get padded crib bumpers off the market
- KID, CFA, US PIRG create consumer guide detailing common home hazards during COVID-19.
- KID and consumer groups applaud new recalls and call on parents to stop using infant inclined sleepers.
View all News
- Herman Miller and Design Within Reach Recall Dressers and Cabinets Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards; Remedy May Be Delayed Due to COVID-19 Restrictions; Keep Product Away from Children (Recall Alert)
- Bunz Kidz Children’s Sleepwear Sets Recalled by Stargate Apparel Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard; Burn Hazard
- Flybar Recalls Swurfer Baby and Toddler Swings Due to Fall Hazard
- Hodedah Recalls HI4DR 4-Drawer Chests Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards; Remedies May Be Delayed Due to COVID-19 Restrictions; Keep Product Away from Children
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.