KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID and safety advocacy groups warn parents and caregivers to stop using SwaddleMe By Your Bed Sleeper after CPSC issues warning due to suffocation risk.
- Congressman introduces bill that would allow CPSC to share vital product safety information to the public.
- U.S. House passes legislation to ban dangerous inclined sleepers and padded crib bumper pads.
- KID releases online interactive annual report for FY2019.
View all News
- Thesaurus Global Marketing Recalls Tricycles Due to Violation of the Federal Lead Paint Ban; Risk of Poisoning; Sold Exclusively at Amazon.com (Recall Alert)
- BCI Burke Recalls Merge Playground Climbers Due to Entrapment Hazard
- Toysmith Recalls Light-Up Magic Wands Due to Choking and Ingestion Hazards
- Hillsdale Furniture Recalls Five-Drawer Chests Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards
- J. Crew Recalls Boys’ Denim Pants Due to Aspiration and Choking Hazards
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.