KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID releases new report on dangerous Halloween products as well as safety tips for the holiday.
- Consumer groups comment on CPSC’s Operating Plan for FY 19, highlighting priorities such as mandatory standards and furniture tip-over prevention.
- Together with other advocates, KID marks the 10th anniversary of the landmark Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act.
- KID marks the 10th Anniversary of Danny’s Law with Congressional Representatives Rush & Schakowsky and other child safety advocates.
View all News
- Mountain Warehouse Recalls Children’s Water Bottles Due to Choking Hazard
- Fantasia Accessories Recalls Slap Bracelets Due to Laceration Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Target
- Children’s Toy Instrument Sets Recalled Due to Violation of the Federal Lead Paint Ban; Made by Creative Sto and Sold Exclusively at Amazon.com (Recall Alert)
- i play Recalls Infant Rattles Due to Choking Hazard
- Abond Group Recalls Tubeez Baby Bath Support Seats Due to Drowning Hazard
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.