KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID’s statement calling on IKEA to get recalled dressers out of homes; three years after major IKEA recall.
- KID, CFA, CR, PAT, and Public Citizen hold press event calling on IKEA to do more to get dangerous, recalled dressers out of homes.
- KID, consumer and child health groups release statement in support of Safe Cribs Act to ban crib bumper pads.
- KID, AAP, CFA, and CR release statement in support of Safe Sleep Act to ban infant inclined sleepers.
View all News
- Lidl Recalls Wooden Grasping Toys Due to Choking Hazard
- Levolor Recalls Custom Cellular Shades Due to Strangulation Hazard (Recall Alert)
- Swaddle Bee Recalls Children’s Security Blankets Due to Choking Hazard (Recall Alert)
- Disney Recalls the Forky 11” Plush Toy Due to Choking Hazard
- Nature’s Truth Recalls Wintergreen Essential Oil Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Closure Requirements
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.