KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID submits testimony for CPSC’s hearing on agenda and priorities.
- KID releases annual recall report Seeking Safety: 2019 Children’s Product Recalls.
- Consumer groups applaud CPSC for moving to get padded crib bumpers off the market
- KID, CFA, US PIRG create consumer guide detailing common home hazards during COVID-19.
View all News
- Transform Recalls Four-Drawer Chests Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards; Sold Exclusively at Kmart
- Manhattan Toy Recalls ‘Manhattan Ball’ Activity Toys Due to Choking Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Target
- Nutraceutical Recalls Simplers Botanicals Wintergreen Essential Oil Due to Failure to Meet Child Resistant Packaging Requirement; Risk of Poisoning
- A Better You! Recalls Belecoo Strollers Due to Violation of Federal Stroller and Carriage Safety Standard; Fall, Entrapment and Strangulation Hazards (Recall Alert)
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.