KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID releases annual recall report Seeking Safety: 2019 Children’s Product Recalls.
- Consumer groups applaud CPSC for moving to get padded crib bumpers off the market
- KID, CFA, US PIRG create consumer guide detailing common home hazards during COVID-19.
- KID and consumer groups applaud new recalls and call on parents to stop using infant inclined sleepers.
View all News
- Joybird Recalls Dressers Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards
- Manhattan Toy Recalls Musical Lili Llama Due to Choking Hazard
- Kids & Koalas Baby Walkers Recalled Due to Fall and Entrapment Hazards; Sold Exclusively on Amazon.com (Recall Alert)
- Lilly of New York Children’s Winter Boots Recalled by Kidz Concepts Due to Violation of Federal Lead Content Ban; Sold Exclusively at Zulily.com (Recall Alert)
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.