KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID, consumer and child health groups release statement in support of Safe Cribs Act to ban crib bumper pads.
- KID, AAP, CFA, and CR release statement in support of Safe Sleep Act to ban infant inclined sleepers.
- KID and consumer groups submit letter in support of NY crib bumper pad ban.
- KID and consumer groups’ statement on South Shore Furniture chest recall.
View all News
- Home Meridian Recalls Corner Curio Cabinets Due to Tip-Over and Entrapment Hazards; Sold Exclusively at Havertys (Recall Alert)
- Target Recalls Toddler Boots Due to Choking Hazard
- Aegean Apparel Recalls Children’s Sleepwear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard
- Children’s Sleep Sacks Recalled by Gildan Activewear Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standard; Sold Exclusively at AmericanApparel.com (Recall Alert)
- Beaba Recalls Baby Food Steam Cooker/Blenders Due to Laceration Hazard
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.