Several weeks ago KID posted about the dangers of high powered magnets . Today the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHN) released their report detailing the survey results of pediatric gastroenterologists. In the ten years there have been over 480 cases of magnet ingestions by young children and teens — 208 in the last 12 months alone.  Eighty percent required endoscopic or surgical intervention.  Though the magnet sets have only been available for a few years, the CPSC has estimated over 1,700 cases of ingestions and for this reason, posed to ban the sale of the unnecessarily dangerous toys in September. KID strongly warns against the use of these high powered magnets and urges consumers to submit a comment by November 19, 2012 in support of the ban. Consumers Union has more on their blog