National Volunteer Week gives us here at KID a great opportunity to sit back and reflect on all the great work our volunteers do for the KID organization every day. In March alone, volunteers served a total of 135 hours and that number only looks to grow in April and May as we prepare for our annual fundraiser, the Best Friend Award Night. Volunteers have completed all kinds of tasks for us this past month. Some highlights include:
- The redesign of our Creating safe environments for children safety workshop
- A complete overhaul of our Pintrest and Youtube pages
- Spanish translations of our educational materials, including our latest safety checklist
- Installation of our new database management system
- Aiding with all details related to our Annual KID Best Friend Award Night including; securing raffle and auction gifts, contacting participating chefs, program book layout, and a commitment to volunteer the night of the event
We here at KID want to celebrate all the volunteers who have dedicated themselves to our cause and help us reach our goal of making children safer. This recognition also presents an opportunity to motivate others to serve and join our cause. Visit our volunteer website to learn more about volunteering at KID and ways you can get involved.