KID is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
Latest from the Blog
- KID and consumer groups applaud CPSC for finalizing crib mattress rule.
- KID joins 90 consumer, health, and labor groups calling on Senate to confirm CPSC Commissioner nominee.
- KID and CFA’s statement on Leachco infant lounger warning after two infant deaths reported.
- KID and CFA applaud CPSC’s unanimous vote to move forward with rule to prevent furniture tip-overs.
View all News
- Mushie & Co Recalls FRIGG Silicone Pacifiers Due to Choking Hazard
- Children’s Sleepwear Garments Recalled by Childrensalon Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standards and Burn Hazard
- Children’s Robes Recalled by HulovoX Due to Violation of Federal Flammability Standards and Burn Hazard
- CPSC and Three Leading Elevator Manufacturers<br /> Announce Recalls of Residential Elevators Due to Industry-<br /> Wide Issue of Child Entrapment Hazard; Risk of Serious<br /> Injury or Death to Young Children<br />
View all Recalls
KID was founded in 1998 by the parents of sixteen-month-old Danny Keysar who died when a portable crib collapsed around his neck in his Chicago home. Although the portable crib had been recalled five years earlier, word of its danger had not reached Danny’s parents.