The CPSC has released a new Safe Sleep Neighborhood Safety Network Poster in English and Spanish. The poster contains important safe sleep tips for babies and warns against the use of sleep positioners as unnecessary and potentially dangerous. This poster will be distributed as a part of Chairman Tenenbaum’s priority Safe Sleep campaign. KID will include this poster in our safe sleep information as well.
Here are the poster’s tips:
- Place infants to sleep on their backs
- Use firm, tight-fitting mattress
- Never use extra padding, blankets or pillows under baby
- Remove pillows or thick comforters
- Positioning devices are not necessary and can be deadly
- Regularly check crib for loose, missing or broken parts or slats
- Do not try to fix a broken crib
- Place cribs or playpens away from windows to avoid window covering or fall hazards.