Jasmine’s Jazz Birthday Party Fundraiser
Please join KID on Tuesday, January 8, 2019 for a fabulous evening of jazz music to celebrate KID supporter Jasmine Kwong’s 35th Birthday. The party will be at the Jazz Showcase in Chicago (806 South Plymouth Court) from 7:00-10:30pm and all proceeds will be donated to KID. Sugar Bliss cupcakes will be provided as well as a raffle full of wonderful items from local businesses. Music will be created by Chicago All Stars: Miguel de la Cerna (piano), Ernie Adams (drums), Junius Paul (bass), Ari Brown (saxophone), with special guests Maggie Brown and Dee Alexander (vocals). Come celebrate with KID staff and supporters! Purchase Your Tickets
KID Best Friend Award Night
Each year, KID commemorates our progress, honors the memory of Danny Keysar and other victims of unsafe children’s products and highlights the contributions of someone who has helped keep children safe — our Best Friend.
The 2018 KID Best Friend Award Night will be held on May 3, 2018, at Galleria Marchetti from 6-9 pm. In honor of our 20th anniversary, KID will be honoring our founders, Linda Ginzel and Boaz Keysar.
Each year, KID’s Young Professionals Board hosts #KickBackWithKID at Revolution Brewery. It features great food and some of Chicago’s favorite beers as well as games, raffle prizes, and a short program.
Our fundraisers play a crucial role in raising awareness about KID and child product safety. Contact us if you would like more information about KID.
Past Best Friend Awardees
- Linda Ginzel and Boaz Keysar, KID Founders for 20 years of dedication to fighting for children’s product safety
- The SEGAL DESIGN INSTITUTE AT NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY for its participation in KID’s Teach Early Safety Testing (TEST) program.
- MICHIGAN ENGINEERING AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN for their participation in KID’s Teach Early Safety Testing (TEST) program
- The INSTITUTE OF DESIGN AT THE ILLINOIS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY for its work with KID on innovations to improve recall effectiveness.
- THE RUSTANDY CENTER FOR SOCIAL SECTOR INNOVATION AT THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO BOOTH SCHOOL OF BUSINESS for its support of KID.
- Lisa M. Turano for her voice in support of children’s product safety and philanthropic support for KID
- Barbara Guthrie for her leadership on children’s safety at Underwriters Laboratories
- Inez Tenenbaum for her leadership on children’s product safety
- Shawn Kasserman for his strong voice in support of children’s product safety
- Sonny Garg for his instrumental role in developing responses to unsafe children’s products and his strong leadership in KID
- Mitch Lipka for his commitment to reporting on children’s product safety
- Gary Smith, MD for his pioneering work in the field of childhood injury prevention
- US Representative Bobby Rush and US Senator Mark Pryor for their commitment to children and leadership on product safety
- US Senator Richard Durbin for his commitment to children and leadership on product safety
- Robert Tanz, MD and Elizabeth Powell, MD, MPH for their leadership in injury prevention research and policy
- Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan for her enforcement of Illinois’ Children’s Product Safety Act and her strong commitment to children’s safety
- Michigan Governor Jennifer M. Granholm for her support of the Children’s Product Safety Act and advocacy for children’s safety
- Rachel Weintraub and Mary Ellen Fise for their role as strong advocates for children’s product safety
- Commissioner Caroline Shoenberger, State Senator Carol Ronen and US Representative Jan Schakowsky for their dedication to changing public policy to protect children
- NBC Target 5 Consumer Unit for outstanding coverage of children’s product safety
- E. Marla Felcher for her groundbreaking book, It’s No Accident: How Corporations Sell Dangerous Baby Products